Friday, June 19, 2009

KAHN! Kahn's Liquor Store - Northside

First...



Alright, down to brass tacks. Khan's on the northside is a great liquor store, a true rival to party pack on the south side in terms of beers, but if your a wine conniseur then this is the joint for you. Anyhoo the wife and I made a Ali like comeback to the Broad Ripple area to see what's happenin'. HOWEVER, Khan's has brand new diggs and holy sheat, it is the tits. Unfortunaly I don't carry a camera everywhere I go so you have to believe me when I tell you it is an awesome loooking joint. It's the Vatican of liquor stores, Mecca even, if Muslims condone drinking, which they don't. This store is amazing, it has everything. The beer selection is better than Party Pack, and that pains me, because I really don't want to venture to the near east hood again. I managed to throw down one hundred bones on great beer like Four Horesmen, Warsteiner and Old Speckled Hen. They have great Indiana brews and have everything sectioned out by country. They have speacialty brews from Sam Adams and Leinennkugels to anything you want. Fabulous for beer nuts like me. I spent nearly 20 minutes perusing (in the true sense) through the beer section like a kid in some sort of store. It was great.

The rest of the store. In a word, great, awesome, amazing, truly a force of fucking nature for the alcoholic. If you dig wine, they got it. Scotch, they even have maps for the types of scotch (highland, lowland, etc). Tequila? You bet, they have the best , Cabo Wabo, on sale. Burbon? Check. Whiskey? Double check. They even have a jug, yes a jug, of Jameson (my fave, which I gave up due to....things). They even have abstinthe, the drink that makes you feel like yo being beaten up..underwater.

When I checked out my very expensive brews I noticed that the had snacks and CIGARS. Great cigars, in a humidor and ready for smoking. I will definatley make a pilgrimage to this awesome joint again. I suggest you do the same.

2 comments:

mmaier2112 said...

Kahn's is a really good liquor store. They let you sample some things, which is great for saving you dough on crappy unknown products.

For my money, I prefer Vine and Table up in Carmel. Prices are about the same but the selection seems slightly better and they have a lot more available for sampling. But Kahn's is a lot closer. Decisions, decisions...

But Kahn's cigars are overpriced and the few I bought there soured me to buying there ever again. They tasted really foul compared to other outlets.

Prime Mover said...

I will have to try Vine and Table some time. Unfortunatley, I'm a hick from the south side so Carmel is a bit of a hike for me. I'm not a big wine guy but my mother-in-law (who would probably drink anti-freeze, but that's neither here nor there)dug the choices.

Too bad about the cigars, I saw they had some good choices but I didn't check the prices since I was already spending taxable Obama dollars on some damn fine beer. I was tempted to buy a stogie but I already have a place on the south side that is good for me. Hard to believe it's been a year since I've had one.